You can now order HDD-backed block storage for your VPS.
- Storage is HDD backed local 6Gb/sec SATA storage which is faster than typical Network Attached Storage, but slower than your server SSD
- Storage is not IOPS or throughput/bandwidth limited
- Storage will be mounted on a directory of your choosing
- You can have multiple volumes mounted. Please submit seperate requests if you want multiple volumes.
- Storage is on a redundant RAID array and backed up hourly
- Order volumes ranging from 10 GiB to 15 TiB
Please note: Our HDD backed block storage is backed up hourly with hourly snapshots going back 36 hours and daily snapshots going back 3 months. These are separate from your main server SSD volume snapshots. This means that if you grab a snapshot of your server and provision it elsewhere your additional storage volume does not follow. If you do a rollback your additional storage volume will be left untouched and only the server itself is rolled back.
If you need to restore a snapshot of your additional storage volume, you will need to be in touch with Webdock Support as this cannot be managed in our Control Panel.